TanzanniaM: +255-758279377 (Arpan)
M: +255-787894173 (Vijay)
E: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
The three-day training programme on Basic and Advanced Data Analysis using SPSS is part of Sambodhi endeavour to enhance understanding of research in general and data analysis in particular among practitioners and scholars.
The programme aims to:
1. Develop better understanding of basic concepts of statistics
2. Provide overview of computer assisted data analysis
3. Develop requisite skills to bring-in and transform data using SPSS
4. Enhance knowledge and develop skill for performing appropriate analyses
5 Augment knowledge for interpretation and presentation of analyses
At the completion of the training programme, the participants would be able to:
1. Describe various data typologies and measurement scales
2. List and describe issues to be considered before analysis of data
3. List various analyses that can be performed based on nature of data
4. Select appropriate analyses based on nature of data
5. Input, import and modify data using SPSS
6. Perform basic and advanced analysis on a given data set using SPSS
When most people think of data analysis, they think of complex mathematical formulae. The advent of computer software programmes has however meant that people do not have to know or learn mathematical formulae to be able to perform quantitative statistical analyses. SPSS - originally known as Statistical Package for the Social Sciences is one such software used to analyze data. SPSS offers extensive data-handling capabilities and numerous statistical analysis routines that can analyze small to very large data statistics. Today SPSS is among the most widely used programs for statistical analysis. It is used by market researchers, health researchers, survey organizations, governments and scholars.
Sambodhi Research & Communications helps create high - impact knowledge to catalyse accountability in public domain. We offer project management, monitoring & evaluation and research solutions to implementers, federal and state governments, bilateral and multilateral aid agencies and corporate philanthropic foundations. Over the past decade, we have pioneered cutting-edge methodologies for evaluation of large-scale interventions across sectors and themes including public health, nutrition, sanitation, natural resources, renewable energy, livelihoods, and microfinance.
Sambodhi also works towards enhancing appreciation of evidence-based functioning among development organizations and practitioners. As part of our field-building effort, we co-founded the Community of Evaluators-South Asia (CoE-SA); are home to the South Asian Journal for Evaluation in Practice (SAJEP) - first-of-its-kind peer-reviewed journal on evaluation from this region; and have trained more than 5,000 professionals on M&E and related areas.
1. Revisiting Statistics and Data Analysis
2. Introduction to SPSS
3. Entering and Editing Data in SPSS
4. Importing Data to SPSS
1. Data handling using SPSS
2. Descriptive Analysis using SPSS
a. Summary Statistics
3. Tabulation and Cross-tabulation
1. Inferential Analysis:
a. Test of Asociation
b. Test of Difference
2. Bivariate Analysis: Correlation and Regression
3. Overview of Factor and Cluster Analysis
In consonance with the programme design, the overarching methodology for delivery of training is based on the principles of participatory adult learning that would build upon the experiential learning of participants. The programme pedagogy focuses on interactive group learning and aims both at knowledge development and skill upgradation through interactive and peer learning. Reading and resource material developed by leading subject experts augments the classroom experience. Training being a mutual learning process, the programme is built on the premise - I hear, I forget; I see, I remember; I do, I understand.
Indian Participants: INR 15,000 per participant
Foreign Participants: USD 600 per participant
(The fee covers tuition, reading and resource kit, certification, lunch and refreshments during the program. Participants need to make arrangements for travel and accommodation.)Discount Structure Early Bird Discounts
1. Registrations done 30 days prior to commencement of the programme get a discount of 20%
2. Registrations done 20 days prior to commencement of the programme get a discount of 10%
1. 5 or more participants 20% discount
2. 3 or more participants 10% discount
Note: As applicable, 2 or more discounts can be clubbed together. Fee can be paid by Cheque / Demand Draft in favour of "Sambodhi Research and Communications Pvt. Ltd." payable at par at New Delhi.
1. Individuals working with Not - for - profit organizations get an additional discount of 10%
2. Organizations & individuals who have participated in any of our past trainings get an additional discount of 10%